This is a simple take on a classic dish that feed a family for days (and it’s kid approved)! I bought everything here for around $15 and it will yield about 8 large servings. You can also freeze and reheat for an easy meal later on. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 box of ziti noodles (you can substitute with gluten-free)
- 1 16 oz jar of Prego Meat Sauce (or whichever sauce you love)
- 1 16 oz package of Shredded Italian Cheese
- 1 15 oz. package Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- Garlic powder to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic (or the jarred kind)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil the ziti as instructed, drain when done cooking and set aside.
- While the ziti is cooking, place the ground beef in a large pan and add powdered garlic and powdered onion to taste. Cook the ground beef until completely done and drain any fat from the pan.
- Return the beef to the large pan, add the jar of pasta sauce and toss in some Italian Seasoning, parmesan cheese and fresh garlic. Mix it up and let it simmer for about 10 minutes (or more if you have time while still cooking ziti).
- Grab a large bowl and combine the meat sauce, 1 egg, the container of ricotta cheese, a handful of the shredded Italian cheese and any more parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic. Stir it up and the sauce is done.￼
- Oil up your 9×13 dish and put a little bit of sauce in the bottom so your noodles don’t get dry.
- Now we layer noodles, a little shredded Italian cheese and sauce. Do one more layer of noodles, cheese and finish off the sauce. Top off with the last layer of sauce and pile on that cheese, Parmesan and a little Italian seasoning. This will give that beautiful cheesy top to the dish!
- Cover the top of the dish with foil and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. The foil will keep the cheese from browning too soon.
- Once the 30 minutes is up, take the foil off the top and pop it back in the oven to let the cheese get bubbly and begin to brown on the top.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and enjoy with some garlic bread (or a side salad if you are being good).
How much did your family love it!?! Comment below!