I love my morning shake. It’s quick, easy and so tasty and I have had a lot of questions on it…so here it is! This shake recipe is my take from Kelly Leveque’s book Body Love. I highly recommend this book because she takes the science of how our bodies work and makes it easy to understand. Her goal is to not be skinny, but healthy. It’s all about loving your body by being good to it and that’s an idea I can get behind! I have made a few adjustments, but I follow her Fab 4 recipe pretty well to make a shake that keeps me full past lunch with no cravings for snacks in between. There’s enough protein, fat, fiber and greens to level out your blood sugar and keep you full for longer. You can pick up her book here.
This is my very favorite chocolate banana peanut butter shake I can throw together in a matter of minutes and I always keep the ingredients on hand.
- 1 fresh banana (you can also freeze any bananas that are about to go bad and use those if you’re out of fresh)
- Two scoops of chocolate protein powder (I use Purely Inspired from Amazon)
- 1 small handful of spinach (I freeze mine to keep it fresh and it takes some the green taste out)
- 1 big scoop of natural peanut butter (or whichever nut butter you like but try to get one without added sugar)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds (these are the best and are inexpensive)
- 1 scoop of Greek Yogurt
- A dash of cinnamon
- Almond Milk as my liquid
I love how versatile this shake can be. Use whatever kind of protein powder or nut butter you want. You can also substitute the peanut butter for coconut oil as a good source of fat that will keep you feeling full. You can’t taste the spinach and the chia seeds are great for Omega-3’s. I included the Greek yogurt since it makes the shake really smooth and has added protein without the sugar. There are over 50 recipes in the Body Love book that I know you will love. Drop a comment below and let me know what you think about the shake or if you tried a different one!